1. 100% cotton, tightly woven fabric (such as quilting cotton) only. No flannel, no knits, no metallic prints, no glitter.
2. Wash all fabrics in hot water & tumble dry on high before sewing to preshrink.
3. Masks should have fabric ties; do not use elastic straps as masks that are latex-free are preferred. Metal inserts along the nasal bridge are not needed.
4. A variety of colors, prints, and sizes are welcome! Tip: Use a solid fabric for the lining, as it helps the wearer recognize the inside vs. outside of the mask.
5. Sewing quality needs to be as high as possible, please backstitch and trim threads neatly. Sew with care- these are urgently needed, but quality matters.
6. And please remember good Sewing Hygiene :
If you have already made masks in the Deaconess style; Thank You!
They can still be dropped off with us and will be locally donated and gratefully used. Please label the sizes of your Deaconess masks on your donation bag.
*An updated PDF version of the A.B. Masks Pattern is in the works!
Jessica has a volunteer designer polishing the pattern for her, and a gofundme campagin. Please consider donating to help support her mask-sewing R&D!