1. 100% cotton, tightly woven fabric (such as quilting cotton) only. No flannel, no knits, no metallic prints, no glitter.
2. Wash all fabrics in hot water & tumble dry on high before sewing to preshrink.
3. Masks should have fabric ties; do not use elastic straps as masks that are latex-free are preferred. Metal inserts along the nasal bridge are not needed.
4. A variety of colors and prints are welcome! Tip: Use muslin, solids or the wrong side of a print for the lining, as it helps the wearer recognize the inside vs. outside of the mask.
5. Sewing quality needs to be as high as possible, please backstitch and trim threads neatly. Sew with care- these are urgently needed, but quality matters.
6. And please remember good Sewing Hygiene :
If you have already made masks with elastic ear bands - Thank You! They can still be dropped off and will be locally donated and gratefully used.
For drop-off locations in our area, please check with Sewing Masks for Maine's current listings.